Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Union Plaza Diner in Union NJ for Hearty, No-Frills Diner Fare

Along with Tops Diner in Harrison, Union Plaza is one of my favorite diners in NJ.  I used to live and work closer to the diner and have eaten there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!  Yeah I was pretty much a regular.  The diner is great since you can get reasonably priced entrees, such as steak, prepared well, with all the diner accouterments, like a soup and salad starter.

Earlier this year when I ate there with my folks for dinner, my brother ordered the steak and shrimp scampi, which was delicious.  The entree was less than $20 as well, and I don't even remember where the last time I saw a surf and turf type dish for less than 20 bucks.  


Even heartier is their prime rib.  Oddly enough this diner is my go-to spot for prime rib! Yep, not some fancy steakhouse!  It's at least a 24 oz cut, a huge portion and I always end up having to take some home.  For a diner the prime rib is prepared pretty well (it's rare that they don't cook it to the requested temp and overcook it, etc.)  At about $17 it's also the most reasonably priced prime rib I've seen.


I also love their Greek salad starter, which comes with a stuffed grape leaf (love em!) and anchovies upon request. 

There's plenty of dining options on Rt 22 in the Union area, but Union Plaza diner is always a solid choice.  


Union Plaza Diner
2466 Rt 22
Union NJ 07083
(908) 686-4403

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog